My Majella

My Majella creates connections between families, Majella Catholic Primary School and the local community.

We are a school-based program and offer activities such as English classes with a crèche and a playgroup for parents in welcoming, family friendly spaces. My Majella works in ways where families feel valued and a sense of belonging. Balga and surrounding suburbs are home to richly diverse communities, and all families are welcome to join us.

The children in our community are the heart of our work. Decades of research and evidence demonstrate the crucial importance of investing in the early years. My Majella programs support the healthy social and emotional development of young children. We form caring and trusting relationships with parents involved in our program and on facilitate connections between them. Because we get to know families, we are better able to understand and respond to their needs and aspirations. Families in turn are better placed to support their children, because they feel connected to the community, increasing their self-confidence and familiarity with the school environment.

My Majella works in partnership with the Child and Parent Centre (CPC) – Warriapendi to deliver the Parent and Child English Language Program.

We host a supported Playgroup on Fridays during the School Term.

My Majella was established in 2014 through the generous support of the Sisters of St John of God congregation and has grown with the support and guidance of the Child and Parent Centre – Warriapendi. Our volunteers include: Anne McAuliffe, lead English teacher, and supporting English tutors, Di Coleman, Anne and Greg Taylor, Cecille Davoll and Lola Busane.

We aim to grow My Majella through the ongoing support and contribution of community partners and local business. This will help us reach more families and strengthen our community impact. If you wish to be part of our story, please contact Amelia Tennyson on  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.